Welcome to Little Kicks . The season will begin on April 23rd . Start time will be 9:30am. (Arrive early so you won’t miss any part of your session) Session end time will be 10:45
Our WAM Little Kicks coaches are very excited and looking forward to working with you over the 6-week program on Saturday mornings. If a session is cancelled, a makeup session will be added on the weekend following the last week. No session oon Memorial Day weekend.
All sessions will be held at the upper field of Lions Park. Upon arrival, please check in at the table between Fields 1 and 2 near the concession stand.
We believe that development at an early age will solidify the fundamentals for accelerated long-term enjoyment of the game and growth. We have 6 Saturdays each season and hope that, during this time, what our coaches will provide and teach will get your children to continue practicing what they have learned on their own, love the game, and will grow to become effective players.
- We play for fun and we want sessions to be meaningful and rewarding. We want players participating to enjoy playing and look forward to attending the next session.
- Development - The drills we have identified and use are aimed at teaching the basics and fundamentals of soccer, then gradually becoming more challenging so that each player can progress comfortably and become confident in playing the game.
- Parents are encouraged to learn and participate with us, so as to understand the game and can be a part of the long-term development of their child(ren).
Our goals are to help each player:
- Develop fundamental ball control skills
- Grow to be comfortable using their feet to play with the ball
- As they progress, learn how to be play in team environment
- Communicate with team members
- Enjoy playing the game of Soccer (football everywhere else in the world)
Little Kicks sessions are on Saturday mornings. Start date TBA. There will be a total of 6 sessions. If we have to cancel one Saturday session, we will make it up the next week, with the aim of completing 6 sessions, weather permitting.
We will provide each player with a jersey/shirt for the Little Kicks Spring/Fall seasons. If players play in the Fall, please keep your shirt for the following Spring. All new players will recieve a jersey/shirt upon their first season.
Also, each player should bring:
- A size 3 ball
- Soccer cleats
- Shin pads
- Water bottle (no sharing)
Contact Information, etc.
Contact information are on the WAM website – under Team Pages/ Developmental/Little Kicks. You will see a list of the coaches and very basic information on the participants.