Welcome to the WAM United Soccer Club
Little Kicks Training Clinic
Note: Little Kicks is Cancelled for Sat Oct. 17, 2020
**Click Here to Register**
All Clinic Sessions are Saturday mornings
Saturdays 9:30 am - 10:45 am
Sept 26th through Oct 31st, 2020
** Little Kick for Fall 2020 Is On **
no raindates this fall
BOYS & GIRLS PRE-K TO 2nd GRADE
** All NEW Little Kicks Participants will recieve a FREE WAM United Soccer Club Jersey the first Saturday **
(NEW = first time participating in a given soccer year - Fall 2020 - Spring 2021)
In this instructional clinic, players will be introduced to basic soccer skills, concepts, and rules of the game. Within each small cohort (due to COVID procedures) they begin with a warm-up then participate in fun games, such as freeze tag soccer style. At the end of the later sessions, they will scrimmage on small fields using mini goals are used without goalies.
The instructional clinics take place on Saturdays mornings during our Fall and Spring Seasons.
To Participate Players Must:
1) Complete the ONLINE registration
2) Bring a backpack or bag to keep players belongings separated from everyone else's
3) Have a Size 3 or 4 Ball
4) Be wearing shin guards
5) Bring plenty of water
6) Cleats are recommended (especially for wet/dewy mornings) but not required
Program is 9:30 - 10:45 every Saturday morning.
Please arrive by 9:15 if registered or by 8:30 if not registered
Lion's Memorial Soccer Fields - Upper field 1 & 2
50 Park Rd, Mansfield, CT 06250
CANCELATIONS OF ANY SESSION DUE TO WEATHER WILL BE POSTED ON THE WAM UNITED SOCCER CLUB HOMEPAGE BY 8:00 am THE MORNING OF THE CLINIC
Please Note the following changes due to WAM Covid Procedures
This fall In order to keep players, coaches and parents safe we have made a few changes to the program:
- Players will be grouped according to age into cohorts. These cohorts will consist of about 8 players and 2 assistant coaches depending on clinic enrollment.
- Each cohort will stay with the same coach(es) for the whole 6-7 weeks. Cohorts will not mix with other cohorts.
- Players will be required to bring a bag of some sort to hold their belongings.
- Players and parents will both be required to wear masks upon arrival. Players may take off their masks once they’ve joined their cohorts. Parents must keep their masks on at all times.
- Likewise, coaches will be required to wear masks at all times.
- We ask that parents do not handle any equipment (e.g. a ball bouncing out of play)
- Check-in will be a socially-distant process. Upon arrival, players will have their temperatures taken, and everyone will have their hands sanitized before entering the field.
- There will be no large group activites during the weekly sessions